Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Rhyan Starts Preschool





Rhyan started preschool this year. She did such a great job. She had always been the most reserved of our kids and the one who has had the hardest time being away from mom. She had talked about it for months and was so excited to go, but I was just waiting for the tears to start when she realized I was actually leaving her there. We did her orientation day where Asher and I stayed and she did great. On her first day by herself, on the drive to school we talked about how she would be there by herself and that mom would leave and come back to get her. She was very concerned and looking pretty sad but I of course assured her that I would definitely be coming back for her and that she would have a great time. Well, we got to school and walked in, hung her stuff up, and she gave me a hug and a kiss, told me she loved me and walked in the class without a second thought. She looked so proud of herself. Now, I will admit there was a small part of me going, "hey, wait a minute, you should be crying for mom and telling me not to go." But, the bigger part was so proud of her and happy for her and how much she has grown over the last year. She is such a big girl and is really such a sweet little person! Her little brother and best bud had a little adjusting to do. the first couple of days he had to be carried out screaming because he wanted to stay too. I think now he has learned to appreciate his alone time with mom. Every day when we pick her up though as soon as he sees her he runs for her and tackles her in a bear hug. It is very cute!

No comments: