Monday, October 13, 2008

Misty's Quirks... as if I have any!

Okay, so Becky tagged me. I'm supposed to write down my quirks. I tried to tell her I don't have any, but I don't think she believed me. I guess I don't want to disappoint her with my lack effort, so I suppose I'll try to come up with something...

1. Lets just say this one has to do with nurture, not nature. I can't park my car next to another car unless I am in an end spot and park either over the outside line, or on the curb so I am far enough away from the spot next to me that no one can hit my car with their door. If an end is not available, we park out in the outskirts of the lot... between two cars is a very bad option. If I cannot find a suitable spot, I circle the parking lot in search of my best option. If by chance, I am forced to park in a spot I do not like, it drives me crazy while I am in wherever I was going. I keep thinking of my car getting a ding in the door. anybody who goes anywhere with me... you now know ahead of time. Thanks mom... this one's your fault!

2. I am a perfectionist and have an eye for detail. I like everything a certain way. Any little thing that is not how I think it should be, is damaged or broken or just somehow not right, really bugs me. And mind you, these things are normally not major things. They are typically tiny, seemingly insignificant little things that most normal people probably would not notice. That's why it's called a quirk, my friends! (man, I've been listening to too many McCain speeches!) I have learned that if I start a sewing, art... oh, pretty much any kind of creative project, it always takes longer than I would anticipate to finish, because everything has to be just perfect.

3. I like things to be in their spot. For whatever reason I seem to come up with "this is the spot where such and such should sit," and that is where that item has to reside. The remote controls and the coasters, for example. I am constantly putting them back in their "spot" because they get moved. My kids toys for instance... everything has a specific bin, or shelf, or other spot it belongs. When I pick up, that is where their toys go. When they pick up, not so much... then I rearrange. I have definitely had to tone this quirk down since I've had kids..

4. I like things to be clean. I can't stand a mess, and though my house is definitely not spotless now that I have four kids, I have certain things that really bug me. As my friends have pointed out to me, my faucets get polished because they are not "shiny enough" and tooth paste would never be on my mirror because would drive me crazy! This one too I think I can thank my mom for.

5. I have a thing with locking doors. I have gotten better about this over the years, but I definitely check the doors on a regular basis to make sure they are locked, and definitely before I go to bed at night. This goes for the car too... I push the button a couple of times to lock it as I'm walking off. Sometimes, because I'm dealing with kids and can't be positive I hit the button to lock it (remember, after I park I have a ways to go to get to the store, so I have time to forget such things), I then stop, take the keys out of my purse from across the parking lot and lock the car again. I'm starting to sound a little crazy, aren't I?! It's a good thing my list is almost done.

6. I don't like to be late. This is not saying that we are never late, but when I know I am running behind I get really frustrated, and very anxious. Suddenly I kick into high speed, and get very uptight (yes, I do get uptight sometimes...) about getting out of the house. I'm sure my kids can attest to this.

7. I love popcorn! Anyone who hangs out with me much knows that I have a weakness for popcorn... we go through a lot of it at our house. This one is thanks to my dad... he makes awesome popcorn!

Well... I'm sure you would all love to hear more about me, but I can't imagine that I have any more quirks than that. Okay maybe a couple more, but hey, that's why you all love me, right! It's like I tell Becky when she laughs at me when I park my car, "You knew what I was when you picked me up!"

Okay... I tag Natalie, Emily and Alesha!

1 comment:

The Munk Family said...

Oops! I haven't visited for awhile. Sorry! Give me a chance to think about if I have any quirks...hmmm? It's almost easier to let other people rip on me, than have me write about my own insecurities. But I'll work on it and I'll post them on my next blog entry.