Thursday, December 04, 2008

Cutting Down a Tree




Cutting down our own Christmas tree was such a hit with the kids, we decided to do it again this year. We all went out and braved the cold to find the perfect tree. The final decision when I had it narrowed down to the two options was which one was bigger. That was all the kids cared about. It is a beautiful tree, and everyone had fun decorating it. For some reason though, this tree had exceptionally sharp needles on it. Like it hurts if you touch it sharp needles on it. So, setting it up and decorating it was a little harder. Larry got poked in the eye while cutting it down and was complaining about it the whole afternoon. After trying to decorate it though, I had a little more sympathy for him! It is still dripping sap, but it smells awesome! I'm not sure Asher knows quite what to think of it, but the other day he some how got himself from the middle of the room under the side of the tree and was chewing on a present. Someone is getting something juicy!

No comments: