So, for those of you who don't know, we spent a good portion of our summer inundated by the play, This is Kirtland. THis is Kirtland is the same type or thing as the Palmyra Pageant of the Nauvoo Pageant. It is about the churches history in Kirtland and Joseph's role here. It is a lot of singing and dancing and is actually really good for and amateur production. Luckily we have people who are professionals to help with the production. Anyway, Kaleb, Mayson and Misty were in the play this year and it was quite an overwhelming time commitment, but it was a great experience. Yeah, I know what you're all saying. Really, Misty was singing and dancing on stage... well, let me tell you how this happened. Our dear friend Sunny had Mayson sing a solo in sacrament one Sunday, and upon realizing what a great voice she has thought it would be a great idea to let her try out for the play. Of course Mayson thought this would be great, when is she ever not looking to be the center of attention! Then of course Kaleb thought it would be fun too. He had just spent the year in Oxford's show choir and had really enjoyed himself. So, of course, the push over mom that I am, I hauled my kids out to Kirtland to try out for the play. Now, let me just say, I had no thought of trying out myself, I had nothing prepared, and I'm sure I was looking lovely because it was bright and early on a Saturday morning that we had to be there and I had not gotten cleaned up. Not sure how it happened, but somehow I ended up getting talked into trying out. Well, the rest is history! We all got in and had a great time. We had rehearsals three to four times a week from the the end of april through when performances started in July. All I can say is that it was a big commitment, but we had a great time and my kids are asking about doing it again next year. Rhyan says she wants to do it this time. I keep trying to help them understand that with the move coming up, we can't next year, but hey... since when do they listen to me? Okay, so for all of you who have given me so much crap about why we quit blogging this summer... are you starting to see why?? Our life was crazy!!
Saturday, July 17, 2010
This is Kirtland!
So, for those of you who don't know, we spent a good portion of our summer inundated by the play, This is Kirtland. THis is Kirtland is the same type or thing as the Palmyra Pageant of the Nauvoo Pageant. It is about the churches history in Kirtland and Joseph's role here. It is a lot of singing and dancing and is actually really good for and amateur production. Luckily we have people who are professionals to help with the production. Anyway, Kaleb, Mayson and Misty were in the play this year and it was quite an overwhelming time commitment, but it was a great experience. Yeah, I know what you're all saying. Really, Misty was singing and dancing on stage... well, let me tell you how this happened. Our dear friend Sunny had Mayson sing a solo in sacrament one Sunday, and upon realizing what a great voice she has thought it would be a great idea to let her try out for the play. Of course Mayson thought this would be great, when is she ever not looking to be the center of attention! Then of course Kaleb thought it would be fun too. He had just spent the year in Oxford's show choir and had really enjoyed himself. So, of course, the push over mom that I am, I hauled my kids out to Kirtland to try out for the play. Now, let me just say, I had no thought of trying out myself, I had nothing prepared, and I'm sure I was looking lovely because it was bright and early on a Saturday morning that we had to be there and I had not gotten cleaned up. Not sure how it happened, but somehow I ended up getting talked into trying out. Well, the rest is history! We all got in and had a great time. We had rehearsals three to four times a week from the the end of april through when performances started in July. All I can say is that it was a big commitment, but we had a great time and my kids are asking about doing it again next year. Rhyan says she wants to do it this time. I keep trying to help them understand that with the move coming up, we can't next year, but hey... since when do they listen to me? Okay, so for all of you who have given me so much crap about why we quit blogging this summer... are you starting to see why?? Our life was crazy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment