So Larry and I went job hunting in Texas. We met with people in San Antonio, Forth Worth and COllege Station. It was like a big road trip driving all over Texas. Wes and Emily brought the boys and came to see us while we were in San Antonio. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them. We went to the River Walk and hung out at McDonald's so the boys could play and we could just hang out & talk. Not sure where we are going yet, but it definitely looks like we have some options. It's good to know that we're employable!! The pictures with the water were taken at the Fort Worth Water Gardens. It was a really cool place. The thing you see me sitting at the top of is an interactive one where you walk down those steps into the bottom of it. It's really a wierd feeling because you have water moving all around and under you so you kind of get off balance. I also spent a day exploring the Fort Worth Stockyards. It was so much fun, I had some great barbecue for lunch, and lusted after some really pretty boots that I couldn't afford! The best part, I had a day all to myself... doesn't happen very often. And of course, while in San Antonio we had to go visit my old stomping grounds. My High School has been rebuilt into this beautiful building that looks more like a small college than a high school. They were in he process of bulldozing the old buildings the day we were there. There wasn't much left. We also drove by my old house. Yep, that beautiful residence you see there is where I spent my high school years. Nice going mom! Just kidding, it didn't have quite so much "trailer class" when we lived there.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Texas Trip
So Larry and I went job hunting in Texas. We met with people in San Antonio, Forth Worth and COllege Station. It was like a big road trip driving all over Texas. Wes and Emily brought the boys and came to see us while we were in San Antonio. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them. We went to the River Walk and hung out at McDonald's so the boys could play and we could just hang out & talk. Not sure where we are going yet, but it definitely looks like we have some options. It's good to know that we're employable!! The pictures with the water were taken at the Fort Worth Water Gardens. It was a really cool place. The thing you see me sitting at the top of is an interactive one where you walk down those steps into the bottom of it. It's really a wierd feeling because you have water moving all around and under you so you kind of get off balance. I also spent a day exploring the Fort Worth Stockyards. It was so much fun, I had some great barbecue for lunch, and lusted after some really pretty boots that I couldn't afford! The best part, I had a day all to myself... doesn't happen very often. And of course, while in San Antonio we had to go visit my old stomping grounds. My High School has been rebuilt into this beautiful building that looks more like a small college than a high school. They were in he process of bulldozing the old buildings the day we were there. There wasn't much left. We also drove by my old house. Yep, that beautiful residence you see there is where I spent my high school years. Nice going mom! Just kidding, it didn't have quite so much "trailer class" when we lived there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment