Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010






We had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving with just us this year. Larry and Kaleb went and played football in the morning in the rain and mud and had a great time. After they got back, the two girls and I went and saw Tangled while the turkey was cooking. It was really cute and the girls have been talking about it ever since. After that we set the table and then piled tons of yummy food on to make a huge mess to clean up. You can see that Rhyan was impressed with the napkin rings, but thought that they worked better for earrings! We missed being able to see the family but had a nice time here by ourselves. We realize this year we have a lot to be thankful for. We are almost done and ready to move on to the next adventure in our life. We have four great kids, and after a scary summer I can't even tell you how grateful we are to have them here with us and doing well. We're grateful for how spoiled we are to live somewhere where we have such amazing hospitals and doctors right down the street. It's going to be a hard thing to leave behind. We are grateful for our extended family who is there to help when we need it! Urs, we can't tell you how much we appreciate your willingness to come out and spend a week in chaos with our kids so we can go and work on job stuff! I know this has been a really tuff year here for a lot of reasons, and I guess I can't speak for Larry, but I know we are both grateful to have each other to lean on. I for one am grateful for Larry and the great man and father that he is. We works hard to take care of us all, and is there to lean on when I need him! We are all grateful for our savior, and I am reminded of that constantly by my sweet little Rhyan who tells me that Jesus is one of her best friends. Our kids can be such good examples. So, enough of this sappy stuff. I will say, when I walked into my house the other day from our arctic below zero wind chills, I was awfully grateful to have a warm house, and that this would be my last winter I have to spend somewhere cold!! Yeah, here we come warm and sunny!!!

No comments: