Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rhyan's Arm

As most of you know, our little Rhyan broke her arm about a week and a half ago. She was laying on her stomach rocking back and forth on a bathroom step stool, about a foot off the ground, and somehow she rolled the stool forward and fell on her arm. We knew it was sore but she was using it, so we thought it was okay. Either way, two days later it was still bugging her so we took her in and the x-rays showed a buckle fracture on both bones right above the wrist in her right arm. According to the pediatrician and the orthopedic doc we saw, they don't cast these kind of fractures because they heal fine on their own. It's just sore and she's in a splint for a few weeks. As little as she is, they say within about ten days it's not healed completely, but it's solid again. I wish us old folks healed that fast. She favors it a little but she is doing fine, and you can already tell its not bugging her as much as it was.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Poor Ryhan! That stinks.

The Henderson Family said...

Hey...that too bad about the arm. What's going on with you guys? Do you know what you are doing yet?
Your mom called and said that you were trying to get into the pedo program.

The Henderson Family said...

Hey guys, the last two posts on your blog were from Brandon. I gave him a hard time about his spelling. "that too bad" geez doctor... I told him I was going to post as well so you didn't think that I wrote that. I am excited for you with the new baby. I think your crazy though. Three has been quite enough for us. :) Can't wait to find out what you are having. Looks like you had fun in the DR. Sorry to hear about Ryhan's arm, poor little gal. Mayson looks cute too. I can't believe how much she has changed. Let's us know what you are doing and when you might be in town. The girls would LOVE to see your kids. Tracy