Okay... so I've been tagged to tell you lots of great stuff about Larry. You will probably know more about him than you ever wanted to know, but then again... it's not like he's shy so you may already know all this anyway.
1. What's his name? Lawrence Edward Kalke; aka Larry. Sounds serious, doesn't it. Anyone who knows Larry knows better though.
2. How long have we been together? Twelve years. We celebrated our eleventh anniversary last November. makes us sound old, huh! But hey, that leads into the next question.
3. How old is he? 34, but who's counting. Get him around the guys and you'd never guess he's officially an adult. Do guys ever really grow out of being a kid?
4. Who eats more? Probably him, but lately I might be giving him a run for the title. I guess that's what happens when you're pregnant, you get hungry.
5. Who said I love you first? He did, and of all the times to do it it was in the midst of one of our first big arguments. It's kind of like that great line all of us parents use, the "I'm only doing this because I love you" and then the kid looks at you like yeah right. Just kidding, it wasn't quite like that. I was probably more to blame in the argument than him (maybe), and he was being his sweet self trying to explain why he was feeling the way he did... because he loved me & maybe I hadn't been as nice as I could have been (If you are reading this Larry, this is not an admission of guilt.)
6. Who is taller? Larry, thankfully. If I were taller than him, it probably would have been tough going to get me to go out with him to begin with. Then again, when his winning personality started to shine through, I may have not been able to resist!!
7. Who sings better? Probably me, but neither of us are real public singers. We sure can carry a tune in primary though, and our kids are probably our most appreciative audience. They love it when we sing them songs at bed time.
8. Who does the laundry? We normally split it pretty even. Just depends on who gets to it, and a lot of times we sit down and fold it all together at night. I will admit though, Larry is the one who irons. I don't like to, and he's so good at it I wouldn't want to deprive him of the opportunity to show off his talent!
9. Who pays the bills? I do. Larry's idea of balancing the check book when we got together was to call the bank and see if there was money in the account before he used his debit card. That didn't work for me so I have just done it since we've been together. I'm sure he would do just fine though if he ever had the great desire to help out.
10. Who sleeps on the right side? That depends on you vantage point. If we're in bed, Larry sleeps to my left. So, I guess if you are standing at the foot of the bed looking at it, Larry would be the one to sleep on the right.
11. Who mows the lawn? Normally Larry, unless I get to it first. I don't mind doing it, so if I have time I figure it saves him from having to do it. He is the one who edges though... I don't want to have all the fun!
12. Who cooks dinner? Normally I do because I'm the one home to do it, and I like to cook. Larry likes to cook too though and is a good cook, so a lot of times if he's here he helps or will cook for me. Most of the grilling is done by him in the summer, but I occasionally do. There are certain things he always cooks, just because he's is good at it, and other things that I always cook because I am. So really, it depends on the day.
13. Who drives? I drive much more than him simply because I am the taxi driver for three children while Larry is at school. If we are together though he typically is the one who drives.
14. What does he like to do? He loves to play and watch sports, likes to be outside and hike and camp. He likes TV and video games, though I know he tries to limit his time with that because I'm not a big fan of either one. He has recently taken up reading, and seems to be enjoying that. He likes to cook and he likes to eat – loves cheese, pretty big on ice cream too. He is a great dad and likes to wrestle around with the kids. He seems to really enjoy doing dentistry, which is good because he would have a long and dreary life to look forward to if he didn't. Larry is a people person, and he really likes to be around others.
15. Who is more stubborn? That probably depends on the day, on what it is, on how the stars are aligned in the heavens... We both have our own things that we are stubborn about. Probably overall I am the more stubborn of the two of us (okay, it's highly likely that I am), but I don't win the prize for being the most stubborn person in the family. That would be Mayson for sure?
16. Who kissed who first? That would definitely be Larry kissing me. I can't blame him though, I'm pretty irresistible! That's okay, it wasn't too bad for me either.
17. Who proposed to who? Larry proposed to me. When he first brought it up it wasn't necessarily a proposal, maybe more of "testing the waters." When he did propose he took me up to the Bountiful temple one night, and he'd just had knee surgery so he couldn't get down on one knee, but it was very sweet none the less.
18. Who has more friends? Probably Larry. As I said, he is a people person and loves to be around people. Besides, for he most part people just like him. I don't have a shortage of friends either, but I guess there's probably only a few I actually hang out with on a regular basis. I am a little more of an "I need my space" type person. And since I have three kids, that quiet, alone time is few and far between and I try to take advantage of it sometimes. But still, it's always fun to go hang out with the girls.
19. Who is more sensitive? Larry is... I tend to not be very sympathetic on a lot of things. When it comes to the kids I might be a little more sensitive with them than Larry, but I'm sure part of that is because I am around them so much I have learned to be a lot more sensitive with them than I tend to be toward other people.
20. Who has more siblings? That depends on which ones we are counting. I have two brothers and a sister from my parents, and three sibling from my parents' remarriages. Larry has one brother, a half sister from his dad, and four siblings from his mom's remarriage. So if you count everyone we are even. If it just full sibling, I have more.
21. Who wears the pants? Well lets see, how do we put this delicately? Just kidding... Larry and I are pretty good about sharing the pants in our house. There are days and things where one is more dominant than the other, but for the most part I think we do a pretty good job of working together and looking out for each others feelings. Larry is very good about making sure I am happy and liking how life is going, and hopefully he feels that I do the same for him.
Just for the record, Larry is awesome and I am really lucky to have him! He's a great husband, the kids think he's the best thing in the world, and I know I have friends who wish their husbands would do a lot of things for them that Larry does for me. So hey, that says a lot! And now... if you're reading this, Natalie and Emily – you've been tagged!
No comments:
Post a Comment