As you can see, we had a very busy weekend last weekend. Not only did we have Kaleb's baptism on Saturday, but on Sunday we had Asher's blessing. It was really an interesting weekend in the sense that we had our first baptism and our last baby blessing in the same weekend. It was a happy time, but also had a sad aspect to it as well. My oldest is growing up... he's definitely not my baby any more and somehow I can't seem to figure out where the time went. Somehow I now find myself with four kids, and doing my last baby blessing. Baby's have such a sweet spirit about them, and I think baby blessings are such a special event. It is sad to think that we won't be doing it again. I can't even begin to say how grateful I am, and how blessed I truly am to have the family that I have. Sometimes things get a little stressful, but overall we are unbelievably blessed.
Things over the last few months have been crazy at our house, but it has been good crazy. We've had Larry graduate from dental school, we had a perfect new baby come into our family, we've had our best friends move away (this is not the good part of the crazy), we have had lots of family out visiting with us, Larry started his residency, we had our first baptism and our last baby blessing, and now Larry will be starting part time with American Dental. I can't imagine that things won't calm down from here, but it seems like every time I think that something new comes up to make life hectic. Either way, life is good & we're very happy. We wish we could see everyone more often, but I am sure it is only a matter of time & that too will be a possibility. I can' tell you how happy that would make our children, who are now going to be going through some serious grandparent withdrawals!
No comments:
Post a Comment