Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of School

Well, the first day of school has come & gone. Mayson was so excited to start kindergarten, and Kaleb was definitely ready to go back. We started out our morning with a nutritious and delicious breakfast of cinamon muffins. How could you not have a good day when it starts with that much yummy goodness?
We then got some pictures of the kids. When I told Mayson I wanted to get a picture of her she went in the front room and posed just like this! She thinks she's a model already. All I can say is I think we are going to be in trouble when she's a teenager!
Dad rescheduled his 9am patient so he could stay & go to school with the kids. THey were really excited, and I know Mayson especially was happy he could come with us to bring her to kindergarten.
Here is Kaleb in his new classroom. He is in a 3/4 split class this year. That means there are third and fourth graders in the same class working together. It consists of a lot of small group work and a little more independent work than you would have in a normal classroom setting. Kaleb is so far ahead on his reading and math though that I think it could be a really good thing for him. Hopefully he will get challenged more!


Here is Mayson in here class. She is such a pretty little girl and she sudden;y seems so grown up. It is amazing how kindergarten can be so exciting to send them to, but it's also sad to let them go. It just seems like this unofficial shift from being your baby to being a big kid. I'm really excited for her because I know she is ready and I know how much she wants to be there, but I will definitely miss having her around with me during the day. There is a part of me though that is looking forward to the very quiet, peaceful couple of hours during the day that I am going to have now when both Rhyan and Asher are napping. What am I going to do with myself? Clean the house, I'm sure!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Caleb looks so grown up in the first picture of just him. He is a hansome kid. Good luck in the future with both Caleb and Mayson. I sense trouble...