Sunday, July 13, 2008
Funny Story
Okay, when everyone was out here for the baptism/blessing, we were having this conversation about people we know (adults our age) who have either admitted to wetting the bed, as an adult, or told on their spouse for doing so. We all agreed that first, it's really mean to tell people that you spouse has done so. And second, why would you ever tell anyone you had done it anyway?? So, my comment was that if I ever wet the bed I would have to figure out some way of covering the fact because if Larry found out I would never hear the end of it... it would be a great source for teasing. Nothing against Larry, I'm sure he would get it from me too if the tables were turned. Either way, we all decided that a good option would be to go get one of our kids, put them in our bed, pour something on them and blame it on the child. Good thinking right? Well, that leads in to why this is kind of funny. Our little Rhyan has suddenly decided she does not need a diaper. She is constantly taking it off, and when she needs to go to the bathroom she takes the diaper off but more often than not she doesn't make it to a toilet before she goes. So, last night about 3am I hear Mayson in her room yelling, "Mom, Rhyan's awake." I was feeding Asher in my room so I tried to ignore it in hopes that Rhyan would just go back to sleep. Then it changed to "Mom, Rhyan's on my bed." After about five times of this being yelled I woke up Larry & told him to go check & see what was going on. As Larry is getting out of our room it suddenly changed to a frantic "Mom, Rhyan went potty on my bed! Mom, she's going on my bed!!" Oh, the sad state Mayson was in at her sister having peed in the middle of her bed. I was trying not to laugh in the other room, and really, at three in the morning nothing should be funny. Needless to say, Rhyan had to get a new diaper on and go back to her bed, Mayson had to have her bed stripped, & I now have the perfect cover in case there is a time in the near future that I have to use Rhyan as a scapegoat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What the??? I assumer we are talking about MUCH older adults who have wet the bed? Shoot me if that starts happening anytime soon.
Hey now, there is nothing wrong with wetting the bed. Especially after you have had a baby, it's hard to control....
So is that Dustin or Natalie who has the hard time controlling themselves after the baby was born?
Now I have only had one child and it was VIA c-section BUT there was still no wetting of the bed at our house.
Yet another use for duct tape - keeping diapers on!
No...these were people our age. Too old, and yet too young to be wetting the bed!
It is totally Dustin who wets the bed!
Post a Comment