


Well, Wes & Emily want to get all the glory from living through the hurricane, but the remnants of hurricane Ike came through Cleveland last night, and we got quite the storm too. We had some serious wind gusts, surprisingly not a ton of rain, but when we went out this morning it was amazing how many trees, branches, fences & power lines were down all over everywhere. With all the debris on the ground, I swear it looked like a tornado hit. Apparently there were six deaths here due to the storm, and huge areas of Cleveland are out of power. They said on the news the 84 of the 88 counties in Ohio have been declared state of emergency. Last night when Larry & I were sitting on the couch, we were watching the fire show as the sparks were flying in the air from the power lines behind our house. I'm really glad nothing started on fire, but it was kind of cool to watch! When we were out today there were telephone poles down that were snapped in half. There are streets that are all blocked off with police tape to keep people away from the live lines that are down. The kids had fun looking at everything as we walked around. I can't believe we didn't lose the tree in our front yard as much as it seems to be struggling. Thankfully we only had a few branches down in the backyard, nothing too major. I'm just kidding about Wes & Emily by the way, we know they were much worse off than us, and we're really glad that they are okay, as well as Larry's family down there!
1 comment:
Yea...you don't get any sympathy from us. Live two weeks without power and then we'll talk. ;)
Post a Comment